Heat Moisture Exchanger (HME) for spontaneously breathing patients fitted with a tracheostomy tube.
• 15mm Female Connector
• Anatomical Curved Design
• Self-sealing Suction Port and Integral Cough Vent
• Clear Construction
• Swivel Oxygen Connector
• Self-sealing Suction Port and Integral cough Vent - The airway can be cleared by inserting a suction catheter through the integrated self-sealing suction port. The port also acts as a vent that can open during vigorous coughing to allow thick mucosal secretions to be expelled, avoiding blocking of the airway.
• Swivel Oxygen Connector - supplementary oxygen can be provided by attachment to the ThermoTrach swivel oxygen connector which can be angled to the most convenient and comfortable position, reducing the risk of disconnection, kinking and drag against the patient.
• Corrugated Paper media - The blue colour HME media makes it easy for carer to see any contamination of the media and change before a problem arises.
• Clear Construction - Clear housing permits visual examination for potential occlusion or accumulation of secretions which could block the airway
• Humidified Oxygen - The oxygen flows through the HME to be warmed and humidified before reaching the patient.
• Reference: 038-41-250T
Dimensions: 5 x 3 x 5 cm
• Weight: 0.5 kg