Biatain Alginate Ag can be used on all moderate to heavily exuding partial to full thickness wounds, including leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, donor sites, traumatic wounds, and second degree burns. Biatain Alginate Ag may be used on wounds at -risk of infection. Biatain Alginate Ag can be used under compression bandages. Biatain Alginate Ag should not be used on dry or lightly exuding wounds or to control heavy bleeding.
• The unique dressing integrity allows for one-piece removal of the dressing.
• Contrary to hydrofibre dressings alginate dressings have haemostatic effect, i.e. ability to arrest blood flow in minor bleedings due to the release of calcium ions from the dressing.
• The design and the structural integrity of the dressing allow you to cut the dressing and make it fit to any size, shape or depth of a wound.
• Biatain Alginate is ideal for cavity filling.
• The design and structural integrity of the dressing allow you to cut the dressing to fit to any size, shape or depth of a wound.
• The dressing conforms to the wound bed for optimal infection control.
• The absorption of Biatain Alginate Ag and the gel formation which locks exudate inside the gel prevent leakage that can cause maceration of the surrounding skin.
• Dimensions: 11.94 x 2.54 x 23.88 cm
• Weight: 0.5 kg